Wednesday 19 June 2013

WIP Wednesday 149: Crochet on Parade













Muggy, warm and cloudy, with the promise of thunderstorms later today - not a day for high-level physical activity. Like I have any of those at any time - pah.

Instead while I wait for the yarn fairy to arrive with yarn for the stripy baby sweater and crochet hooks for the crocheted baby blankey, I was a good girl and did as I promised - I got on with a few more squares for my Summer Garden Blankey.

It'd been a while, so not only did I have to find the pattern, I had forgotten exactly what was the plan.

What do you mean, wing it ?

No. I'm still perfecting how to do spontaneity. Watch the following clip from 1:27 ....






Like Colonel Hathi, I may have a rubbish memory, but here's the plan: each set of colorways will have 10 squares with light inners and dark outers, 10 squares with dark inners and light outers. That's as far as it goes, I haven't yet got an overall plan or pattern for how all the colors and squares will go together - there's loads of time for that yet. Please to notice the classy seagrass (or something) pretty basket. It's actually too small to hold all the squares ....





There seems to be a preponderance of blues, somehow. I may have to split those off to become a separate blankey for Mini Diva, who has been blue for a while, as pink is soooo for babies. There also seems to be a lack of orange/yellow in the color scheme - but do you realize how hard it is to find those colors in halfway decent acrylic and simultaneously that they're not so bright or fluorescent they burn your eyes out ? Neither is there any kind of brown, but I am told that this would be as boring subtle as including grey.

So anyway, nothing will get done while I sit here chatting with you, much as I enjoy it.

Yes, I do.

If you still have some free time, pop over to Tami's Amis to see what everyone else is up to....



6 comments:

  1. Those squares are gorgeous! I wish I knew how to crochet! Perhaps some day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your squares are beautiful! I love the colors with the white borders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just waiting for my piccie of the squares to load somewhere. Bloody macs. I'm away back to a pc with the next one.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the squares and the colour scheme you've gone with :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still kind of liking them for the baby 'ghan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love the 7 of cups card ... well, I love cats and it made me feel all cuddly and maybe go for a nap to dream about all my wishes. Your squares are beautiful. I love to crochet and it is on my "wish" list of must do things again. Better go get some yarn. :)))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks ! I love comments :-)